Power-Line Ethernet: RF Interference? Secure? - Networking

This is a discussion on Power-Line Ethernet: RF Interference? Secure? - Networking ; How secure is power-line-based Ethernet? Does it hose up radios and such? I'd think that it would "radiate like a banshee," as one of my former coworkers used to amusingly say. -- (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you ...

  1. Power-Line Ethernet: RF Interference? Secure?

    --

    (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
    will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get

  2. Re: Power-Line Ethernet: RF Interference? Secure?

    On Jan 12, 1:18 pm, Gary Morrison wrote:

    > How secure is power-line-based Ethernet?

    Newer products support encryption.

    > Does it hose up radios and
    > such?

    To my knowledge, within-the-home products don't really have that much
    of a problem. The frequencies used are below 40Mhz, so they're not
    going to interfere with things like cordless phones.

    > I'd think that it would "radiate like a banshee," as one of my
    > former coworkers used to amusingly say.

    Probably so.

    I think in most cases, wireless or wired are far better choices.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread