I have read about Squid as surrogate server, but apache's httpd
itself has built-in web caching features
Would you share with me your experience, if you have tried both
scenarios specially when employing virtual hosts and aliases?
To me (and everyone else I guess ;-)) bandwidth is the critical
factor on a server. How important would be serving a page right off
the cache when it still has to go its merry way on a slow connection?
Relating to this issue, something that isn't still clear to me; does
squid serve the static gzipped content returned by the server, which
much browsers can handle?
Had anyone actually gauge the performance gain you have while using
squid instead of just using apache?