~
I have read about Squid as surrogate server, but apache's httpd
itself has built-in web caching features
~
Would you share with me your experience, if you have tried both
scenarios specially when employing virtual hosts and aliases?
~
To me (and everyone else I guess ;-)) bandwidth is the critical
factor on a server. How important would be serving a page right off
the cache when it still has to go its merry way on a slow connection?
Relating to this issue, something that isn't still clear to me; does
squid serve the static gzipped content returned by the server, which
much browsers can handle?
~
Had anyone actually gauge the performance gain you have while using
squid instead of just using apache?
~
Thanks
lbrtchx