    Are network cards, cables and plugs certified for 10gibabit/s Ethernet
    already on the market?

  2. Re: 10 gigabit/s Ethernet already available?

    On 2008-01-02, Luca Villa wrote:
    > I've two PCs distant 100m/300ft. one from the other.
    > Within a budget of $1000 what's the fastest current solution for
    > connecting them?
    > Are network cards, cables and plugs certified for 10gibabit/s Ethernet
    > already on the market?

    And what PC would be capable to need it?

    Do you PC's go beyond what a Gigabit NIC can offer? In other words, can they
    deliver over +- 100 MB/sec?

    Douglas Adams

  3. Re: 10 gigabit/s Ethernet already available?

    On 2008-01-02, Luca Villa wrote:
    > I've two PCs distant 100m/300ft. one from the other.
    > Within a budget of $1000 what's the fastest current solution for
    > connecting them?
    > Are network cards, cables and plugs certified for 10gibabit/s Ethernet
    > already on the market?

    I think that gigabit is the fastest that makes sense. The hard drives
    cannot read fast enough to work faster than the gigabit speed. I have gigabit,
    myself.