change the browser identity - Networking

This is a discussion on change the browser identity - Networking ; My company needs to be able to test client from different company who visit our web page. For testing purposes, we are looking for a solution where we could easily emulate client coming different countries. I was wondering if squid ...

  1. change the browser identity

    My company needs to be able to test client from different company who
    visit our web page. For testing purposes, we are looking for a
    solution where we could easily emulate client coming different
    countries. I was wondering if squid proxy server can easily be
    configure to do this. Does any one know? Simply put, we need to be
    able to fake the identity of the browser to a different language,
    etc...

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: change the browser identity

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:02:20 -0800 (PST), daniel.p.nguyen@gmail.com wrote:

    > Simply put, we need to be able to fake the identity of the browser
    > to a different language, etc...

    Rather than faking ip, I would _guess_ you would ask the browser what
    language and your code would work from there.

    If so, I would have a machine with a user account set for each
    language to be tested. The account's .bash_login would have something like

    firefox http://your_test_page_here.com
    exit

    Next you could set ssh to have a blank paraphrase/password for the
    account and a script like xru which contains

    xterm -e ssh ru@testaccounts.testbed.invalid

    _Assuming_ the ru account language is set Russian, you get a pop up
    firefox in the Russian language.

+ Reply to Thread