ppp sharing via NAT - Networking

This is a discussion on ppp sharing via NAT - Networking ; Hello, I want to use NAT to share a ppp Connection. PC1 and PC2 are within a private Subnet connected via 4-Port Hub (integrated within DSL-Modem). PC1 is connected to DSL-Modem via eth0 and establishes PPP- Connection. PC2 is connected ...

  1. ppp sharing via NAT

    Hello,

    I want to use NAT to share a ppp Connection.

    PC1 and PC2 are within a private Subnet connected via 4-Port Hub
    (integrated within DSL-Modem).

    PC1 is connected to DSL-Modem via eth0 and establishes PPP-
    Connection.

    PC2 is connected to private Subnet via eth0.

    Is it possible to route Internet Packets from PC2 to PC1 (by setting
    PC1 as Standard Gateway),
    PC2 does NAT and forwards packets via ppp?

  2. Re: ppp sharing via NAT

    Fruehwirth@gmail.com writes:

    >Hello,

    >I want to use NAT to share a ppp Connection.

    >PC1 and PC2 are within a private Subnet connected via 4-Port Hub
    >(integrated within DSL-Modem).

    >PC1 is connected to DSL-Modem via eth0 and establishes PPP-
    >Connection.

    >PC2 is connected to private Subnet via eth0.

    >Is it possible to route Internet Packets from PC2 to PC1 (by setting
    >PC1 as Standard Gateway),
    >PC2 does NAT and forwards packets via ppp?

    Sure. Just do it.
    Make sure forwarding is enabled on PC1. Since you are already connected,
    the router itself is probably doing nat, so there is no need for you to do
    an extra nat ( in fact it would confuse everything).

  3. Re: ppp sharing via NAT

+ Reply to Thread