configuring two nic - Networking

This is a discussion on configuring two nic - Networking ; hello, I have two NIC in my machine and i want to share internet with my friends in my LAN,i am having internet connection through broadband cable.how can i configure my LAN to have internet connection sharing? Regards. roncriss....

  1. configuring two nic

    hello,
    I have two NIC in my machine and i want to share internet
    with my friends in my LAN,i am having internet connection through
    broadband cable.how can i configure my LAN to have internet connection
    sharing?
    Regards.
    roncriss.

  2. Re: configuring two nic

    www.google.com/search?q=iptables+nat

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

  3. Re: configuring two nic

    On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in
    article ,
    ron wrote:

    > I have two NIC in my machine and i want to share internet
    >with my friends in my LAN,i am having internet connection through
    >broadband cable.how can i configure my LAN to have internet connection
    >sharing?

    Hmmm... zero details about distribution/release or even operating system.

    -rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 273754 Nov 28 21:47 HOWTO-INDEX
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 40490 Jun 22 2000 Home-Network-mini-HOWTO
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 708351 Nov 14 2005 IP-Masquerade-HOWTO
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 17605 Jul 21 2004 Masquerading-Simple-HOWTO
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 45604 Apr 18 2006 Networking-Overview-HOWTO
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 278012 Jul 23 2002 Security-Quickstart-HOWTO
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 71626 Apr 4 2004
    Unix-and-Internet-Fundamentals-HOWTO

    There is also the "Linux Network Administrator's Guide" from the LDP, but
    it's probably more detailed than you need. If it's not included with your
    distribution, the search engine you are using will find it. What
    configuration files are needed to set up the NIC and appropriate firewall
    rules is dependent on the operating system you are using. If it's Linux,
    this depends on what distribution you are using, and what version.

    Old guy

  4. Re: configuring two nic

    Lasse Jensen wrote:
    > ron wrote:
    >
    > > hello,
    > > I have two NIC in my machine and i want to share internet
    > > with my friends in my LAN,i am having internet connection through
    > > broadband cable.how can i configure my LAN to have internet connection
    > > sharing?
    > > Regards.
    > > roncriss.

    > www.google.com/search?q=iptables+nat
    >
    > --
    > Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    > Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

    Hello Again !
    Thanks a lot for your information i visited the link you gave to me
    that is www.google.com/search?q=iptables+nat ,and i configured the two
    NIC for internet sharing and it is working fine..............

    roncriss,
    Thaanks again!

+ Reply to Thread