Google is Looking for Exceptional Engineers! - Networking

This is a discussion on Google is Looking for Exceptional Engineers! - Networking ; **If you are interested & qualified, please submit a resume directly to chariset@google.com ** Referrals are welcome! Thank you for taking a look at this post! ************************************************ Networking Software Engineer - Mountain View This position is based in Mountain View, ...

  1. Google is Looking for Exceptional Engineers!

    **If you are interested & qualified, please submit a resume directly
    to chariset@google.com**
    Referrals are welcome! Thank you for taking a look at this post!

    Networking Software Engineer - Mountain View

    This position is based in Mountain View, CA.

    We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to work on next
    generation networking systems, protocols & applications. You will help
    change the way people think about Google and the Internet.

    The ideal candidate will have strong system building expertise coupled
    with knowledge of networking protocols and should be familiar with
    embedded systems or host network stack environments.

    Requirements:

    * BS in computer science or equivalent. MS or PhD is a plus.
    * Exceptional C++/C programming skills
    * 3+ years experience in software/algorithm/protocol design,
    preferably in networking protocols or distributed systems.
    * Strong foundation in networking, and have developed systems in
    several networking areas, including TCP/IP, Ethernet, and
    routing
    protocols.
    * Linux experience preferred.

    Networking Test Engineer - Mountain View

    This position is available in Mountain View, CA.

    The area: Google Platforms

    Google's global deployment of custom-designed machines has created one
    of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in
    existence: cutting-edge innovation on a huge scale. The Platforms team
    designs and builds the software, hardware, computing platform and
    networking technologies that power all of Google's services.

    The Role: Networking Test Engineer - Mountain View

    Google is looking for experienced network system test engineers to
    join our world-class development team and work on feature and system
    level testing of networking equipment and infrastructure. You will
    help change the way people think about Google and the Internet. The
    ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with networking
    equipment, an understanding of networking protocols, experience in
    testing, a background in IP network design, operations, or management,
    and a passion for delivering top quality products.

    Responsibilities:

    * Design, develop, and execute test plans for networking features,
    equipment, and systems.
    * Contribute to the design of new networking systems.
    * Working with and/or developing test automation tools.
    * Certify software releases for general use.
    * Working with development teams to develop software and hardware
    systems.

    Requirements:

    * BS in computer science or equivalent. MS or PhD is a plus
    * Experience working with and testing multiple L2 and L3
    networking protocols.
    * Knowledge and experience with standard protocols such as LACP,
    STP, RSTP, VRRP, UDLD, 802.1x, etc.
    * Experience testing and releasing networking products.
    * A strong understanding of networking systems including TCP/IP
    and Ethernet.
    * Linux experience is a plus.
    * C/C++ and scripting skills are a plus.
    * Experience in supporting, implementing and/or designing networks
    is a plus.

    Networking, Hardware Engineer - Mountain View

    This position is based in Mountain View, CA.

    Google is looking for Hardware Engineers to develop the next
    generation networking technologies for all our services. This includes
    specification, design, testing, and manufacturing of innovative
    networking solutions that break industry price/performance barriers.
    The ideal candidat es will have a broad background in electrical
    engineering and computer science, that includes recent development of
    Ethernet NIC and/or switching systems at Gigabit and 10 Gigabit
    interface rates.

    NIC Designers ideally have experience in:

    * PC/server chipsets and peripherals.
    * BIOS, driver, and Linux kernel development.
    * High performance bus and memory systems.
    * FPGA/ASIC development.

    Switch Designers ideally have experience in:

    * High speed interfaces including copper and optical interconnect.
    * 1000BASE-T and 10GBASE physical layer interfaces.
    * High speed memory systems.
    * Embedded processor subsystem design.
    * Packaging issues with embedded systems.

    Requirements:

    * BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent,
    with strong emphasis on computer circuit design (PhD a plus).
    * Familiarity with network hardware design, and bring-up
    experience of both FPGA-based and ASIC-based solutions.
    * Thorough knowledge of component level and integrated system
    testing.
    * Experience releasing products to high volume manufacturing.
    * Passion for delivering robust, cost-effective products.

    Networking, Hardware Testing Engineer - Mountain View

    This position is based in Mountain View, CA.

    Google is looking for a Hardware Testing Engineer to join our world-
    class networking equipment design team. The ideal candidate will have
    a solid networking equipment hardware testing background, basic
    embedded system software and Linux kernel experience, and a passion
    for delivering top quality products.

    Responsibilities:

    * Assist in the design, bring-up and testing of new network
    systems.
    * Build engineering prototypes.
    * Prepare, setup, and run a broad suite of tests on network
    hardware and systems.
    * Help to evaluate mechanical, electrical, and thermal performance
    of components and systems.
    * Set up and maintain the space, tools, and materials of a
    hardware R&D lab.
    * Interface with contract manufacturers and production test
    technicians to resolve issues.
    * Troubleshoot new board-level computer hardware and electro-
    mechanical systems.
    * Perform root-cause failure analysis and drive issues to closure.

    Requirements:

    * BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines.
    * Familiarity with test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic
    analyzers and data acquisition systems.
    * Good understanding of the physics underlying electrical,
    electronic, and thermal devices.
    * Very high level of attention to detail; noticing and responding
    to contributory factors not part of the original test plan.
    * Knowledge of Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
    * Ability to program in Python or C++ is a plus.
    * Excellent communication and documentation skills.
    * Able to read and understand mechanical drawings and electronic
    schematics.

  2. Re: Google is Looking for Exceptional Engineers!

    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:06:06 -0800, Charise Thompson wrote:

    Job posting spam. But coming from the google sewer that is to be expected.

  3. Re: xxxxxx is Looking for Exceptional Engineers!

    On 2007-12-17, Dave Uhring wrote:

    > Job posting spam. But coming from the google sewer that is to be expected.

    The posting was actually for jobs *at* Google, even! So much for "do no
    evil".

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)