Wifi card? - Networking

This is a discussion on Wifi card? - Networking ; Are there any Wifi cards for a laptop that have Linux support listed On The Box?...

  1. Wifi card?

    Are there any Wifi cards for a laptop that have Linux support listed On
    The Box?

  2. Re: Wifi card?

    On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:58:38 +0000, Dan Stromberg wrote:

    > Are there any Wifi cards for a laptop that have Linux support listed On
    > The Box?

    None that I have ever seen. I think the manufacturers are still afraid of
    MS. It can be rather challenging to find one since manufacturers sometimes
    change chipsets in the middle of a run. FWIW I have a DLink WNA2330 H/W
    Ver: A1 F/W Ver: 1.0 - it has Atheros chipset and works splendidly under
    mad-wifi.

  3. Re: Wifi card?

    On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:58:38 +0000, Dan Stromberg wrote:

    > Are there any Wifi cards for a laptop that have Linux support listed On
    > The Box?

    You mean PCMCIA or USB? Not that I've ever seen.

    I did come across a USRobotics WIRED PCMCIA ethernet card that did say it
    supported Linux, and the source code for the driver was included on the
    CD. However, it was for the 2.4 kernel, which compiled fine without
    warnings or errors, but wouldn't do the same under 2.6 kernel headers.

    One can hope that someday....

    Stef

+ Reply to Thread