Atheros Linux Wireless Adapters - Networking

This is a discussion on Atheros Linux Wireless Adapters - Networking ; Hi All, I have an integrated Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter on my Acer Aspire 5610Z laptop. I've set up the laptop to dual boot Windows Vista and Open Suse 10.1. So far neither MadWiFi nor Ndiswrapper can get the ...

  1. Atheros Linux Wireless Adapters

    Hi All,

    I have an integrated Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter on my
    Acer Aspire 5610Z laptop. I've set up the laptop to dual boot Windows
    Vista and Open Suse 10.1. So far neither MadWiFi nor Ndiswrapper can
    get the NIC to work on the linux side. The card is not seen by linux
    following an appartenly successful install. Any suggestion as to
    where on might find a solution to this problem would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Mark Ring

  2. Re: Atheros Linux Wireless Adapters

    The newest Madwifi sources do support this chipset. You'll need to checkout
    them from the SVN.

  3. Re: Atheros Linux Wireless Adapters

    "markring40" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have an integrated Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter on my
    > Acer Aspire 5610Z laptop. I've set up the laptop to dual boot Windows
    > Vista and Open Suse 10.1. So far neither MadWiFi nor Ndiswrapper can
    > get the NIC to work on the linux side. The card is not seen by linux
    > following an appartenly successful install. Any suggestion as to
    > where on might find a solution to this problem would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark Ring

    Mark;

    My Ubuntu desktop has trouble booting to this ath0 adapter. I have to enter
    a terminal session and re-start networking as a super user. Then I get an
    IP address.

    doug

  4. Re: Atheros Linux Wireless Adapters

    markring40 wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have an integrated Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter on my
    > Acer Aspire 5610Z laptop. I've set up the laptop to dual boot Windows
    > Vista and Open Suse 10.1. So far neither MadWiFi nor Ndiswrapper can
    > get the NIC to work on the linux side. The card is not seen by linux
    > following an appartenly successful install. Any suggestion as to
    > where on might find a solution to this problem would be appreciated.

    You might have a look on http://madwifi.org/ticket/1679

  5. Re: Atheros Linux Wireless Adapters

    On Dec 9, 9:23 pm, Markus Kossmann wrote:
    > markring40 wrote:
    > > Hi All,

    > > I have an integrated Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter on my
    > > Acer Aspire 5610Z laptop. I've set up the laptop to dual boot Windows
    > > Vista and Open Suse 10.1. So far neither MadWiFi nor Ndiswrapper can
    > > get the NIC to work on the linux side. The card is not seen by linux
    > > following an appartenly successful install. Any suggestion as to
    > > where on might find a solution to this problem would be appreciated.

    > You might have a look onhttp://madwifi.org/ticket/1679

    Thanks. I'll give this option a try as well. Frohe Weihnachten!

+ Reply to Thread