This is a discussion on ANNOUNCE: Exscript 0.9.11 - Networking ; Introduction ------------- Exscript is a scripting language for automating Telnet or SSH sessions. It supports a wide range of features, such as parallelization, AAA authentication methods, TACACS, and a very simple template language. Please refer to the project page for ...
Exscript is a scripting language for automating Telnet or SSH sessions.
It supports a wide range of features, such as parallelization, AAA
authentication methods, TACACS, and a very simple template language.
Please refer to the project page for documentation (see the links at the
bottom of this announcement).
New since 0.9.10
* Support for Huawei routers was added.
* It is now possible to use a different authentication and authorization
passwords when using AAA. (The -a switch was added.)
* It is now possible to skip the authentication procedure all-together.
(The -n switch was added.)
* The --no-prompt switch was added.
* The priority of the "not" operator was decreased. Please refer to the
* Support for regular expression modifiers was added.
* The operating system and device detection mechanism was improved.
* The default timeout was increased to 30 seconds (previous was 10s).
* The "extract" keyword now supports a "from" operator for
extracting a string from a variable.
* The interpreter now has a --version flag.
* Windows newline characters are now supported in exscripts.
* The performance of prompt matching was greatly improved.
* Cisco router detection was improved.
* Fix: The "is not" operator was broken.
* Fix: Escaping of "/" characters would not work.
* Fix: "while" and "until" loops would sometimes not work.
* Fix: Arithmetic operations with 0 no longer fail.
* Python 2.2 or greater
* Python-pexpect (optional, for SSH support)
* ssh (optional, for SSH support)
Ivan Brkanac (Testing of Huawei support)
SVN instructions: http://code.google.com/p/exscript/source
Exscript project page: http://code.google.com/p/exscript/
Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/exscript
Bug tracker: http://code.google.com/p/exscript/issues/list
Browse the source: http://exscript.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/