disable encryption in ssh - Networking

This is a discussion on disable encryption in ssh - Networking ; In comp.security.ssh Dennis wrote: | I have ported ssh onto my IXP4XX platform running snapgear 2.6.17. I | like to disable encryption in ssh. This would allow us to continue to | make use of the SSH tunnels but without ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: disable encryption in ssh

    In comp.security.ssh Dennis wrote:

    | I have ported ssh onto my IXP4XX platform running snapgear 2.6.17. I
    | like to disable encryption in ssh. This would allow us to continue to
    | make use of the SSH tunnels but without the overhead of encryption.
    | Has anyone done it and how do I disable encryption in ssh?

    Which IXP4XX? At least the 435 has a crypto accelerator. I think the 425
    also has it. Not sure about 455 or 465. If SSH could be coded to make use
    of that accelerator, that would be a big plus.

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-25-0838@ipal.net |

  2. Re: disable encryption in ssh

    On 2008-01-25, phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    > Which IXP4XX? At least the 435 has a crypto accelerator. I think the 425
    > also has it. Not sure about 455 or 465. If SSH could be coded to make use
    > of that accelerator, that would be a big plus.

    For OpenSSH, if OpenSSL's crypto libraries have a hardware 'engine" for
    it, OpenSSH can be configured to use it ("./configure --with-ssl-engine").

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

+ Reply to Thread