Uverse, anyone? - Networking

This is a discussion on Uverse, anyone? - Networking ; Running Debian etch, and since getting AT&T Uverse service, I cannot connect my T30 wirelessly to the "Gateway" - a combo modem, router - SSID 2wire341. I've tried w/ and w/o WEP, used different channels, auto channel - I keep ...

  1. Uverse, anyone?

    Running Debian etch, and since getting AT&T Uverse service, I cannot
    connect my T30 wirelessly to the "Gateway" - a combo modem, router - SSID
    2wire341. I've tried w/ and w/o WEP, used different channels, auto
    channel - I keep getting "No DHCPOFFERS received" from the Gateway. I am
    pretty sure the set-up's OK on the T30 end, and don't know what else to
    fool with on the Gateway. A Windows machine and an iphone do wireless
    automagically.

    The bad news is at http://rafb.net/p/xpwPCb36.html. If anyone else here
    has Uverse and successfully set up wireless from Linux, I'm all ears.

  2. Re: Uverse, anyone?

    On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:10:41 -0500, edju wrote:

    > Running Debian etch, and since getting AT&T Uverse service, I cannot
    > connect my T30 wirelessly to the "Gateway" - a combo modem, router -
    > SSID 2wire341. I've tried w/ and w/o WEP, used different channels, auto
    > channel - I keep getting "No DHCPOFFERS received" from the Gateway. I
    > am pretty sure the set-up's OK on the T30 end, and don't know what else
    > to fool with on the Gateway. A Windows machine and an iphone do
    > wireless automagically.
    >
    > The bad news is at http://rafb.net/p/xpwPCb36.html. If anyone else here
    > has Uverse and successfully set up wireless from Linux, I'm all ears.

    169.254.0.0 - is a /16 network used by Zeroconf[1] networking.

    [1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeroconf

    HTH
    --
    Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल http://wahjava.wordpress.com/

  3. Re: Uverse, anyone?

    On Nov 4, 7:10 pm, edju wrote:
    > Running Debian etch, and since getting AT&T Uverse service, I cannot
    > connect my T30 wirelessly to the "Gateway" - a combo modem, router - SSID
    > 2wire341. I've tried w/ and w/o WEP, used different channels, auto
    > channel - I keep getting "No DHCPOFFERS received" from the Gateway. I am
    > pretty sure the set-up's OK on the T30 end, and don't know what else to
    > fool with on the Gateway. A Windows machine and an iphone do wireless
    > automagically.
    >
    > The bad news is athttp://rafb.net/p/xpwPCb36.html. If anyone else here
    > has Uverse and successfully set up wireless from Linux, I'm all ears.

    i would say edit resolv.conf
    let it look like this :

    nameserver yourispdnsserver
    nameserver 192.168.0.1