Simple way to open a port - Networking

This is a discussion on Simple way to open a port - Networking ; Is there a command that I can run that will open a port, display what is sent to that port and allow me to type responses so that I can debug some http requests?...

  1. Simple way to open a port

    Is there a command that I can run that will open a port, display what
    is sent to that port and allow me to type responses so that I can
    debug some http requests?

  2. Re: Simple way to open a port

    Kramer wrote:
    > Is there a command that I can run that will open a port, display what
    > is sent to that port and allow me to type responses so that I can
    > debug some http requests?

    Yes.
    It's called "netcat".
    man nc for info