serial RS232 down - Networking

This is a discussion on serial RS232 down - Networking ; Hi to all and sorry for my bad english. Last week i have configured hylafax with a serial RS232 modem. it work good for one day, but the day after it don't work. i have try with cu -l ttyS0 ...

  1. serial RS232 down

    Hi to all and sorry for my bad english.

    Last week i have configured hylafax with a serial RS232 modem. it work
    good for one day, but the day after it don't work.

    i have try with cu -l ttyS0 and the system freeze: "connect... ... ..."
    then, i have try with another modem: egual result. after i have try with
    no RS232 modem attach... egual.

    then i have think to buy and install a new PCI RS232 but the system
    (Linux CentOS 5) don't reply at ttyS1.

    we have an idea to install the PCI-RS232 ?

    tnks to all.

  2. Re: serial RS232 down

    > lspci to find the IO address and IRQ of the PCI serial port, and
    > setserial to assign those values to ttyS1.

    hi bill, thanks for reply.

    i have find this PCI:

    01:07.0 Serial controller: Timedia Technology Co Ltd PCI2S550 (Dual
    16550 UART) (rev 01)

    then i have try:

    setserial /dev/ttyS1 auto_irq skip_test autoconfig

    but it reply me with an error. infact when i try to send

    setserial -g ttyS* i don't have any device.

    what is the problem?

    thanks

+ Reply to Thread