I Mac running Yellow Dog ethernet problem - Networking

This is a discussion on I Mac running Yellow Dog ethernet problem - Networking ; I cannot get my IMac running YD v4.1.....I am a newbie; could someone plz tell me how to diagnose this problem and find a solution?? I am pretty good with MS connections, which are very easy, but I am stumped ...

  1. I Mac running Yellow Dog ethernet problem

    I cannot get my IMac running YD v4.1.....I am a newbie; could someone
    plz tell me how to diagnose this problem and find a solution?? I am
    pretty good with MS connections, which are very easy, but I am stumped
    here...any help would be greatly appreciated

  2. Re: I Mac running Yellow Dog ethernet problem

    What kind of iMac do you have? Please be as detailed as possible in
    the description.

    On Sep 5, 9:09 pm, blues wrote:
    > I cannot get my IMac running YD v4.1.....I am a newbie; could someone
    > plz tell me how to diagnose this problem and find a solution?? I am
    > pretty good with MS connections, which are very easy, but I am stumped
    > here...any help would be greatly appreciated

  3. Re: I Mac running Yellow Dog ethernet problem

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 01:09:39 +0000, blues wrote:

    > I cannot get my IMac running YD v4.1.....I am a newbie; could someone
    > plz tell me how to diagnose this problem and find a solution?? I am
    > pretty good with MS connections, which are very easy, but I am stumped
    > here...any help would be greatly appreciated

    blue,

    you haven't told us exactly what is THIS PROBLEM.

    Be detailed and specific as you describe:

    1. what you have installed, OS, kernel, etc.
    2. how you configured networking, settings, which files, etc.
    3. how you initiated networking, what commands, GUIs, etc.
    4. how far do you get before it FAILS? what error indications
    you observe, what messages, etc.
    5. what your network hardware is: vendor, models, firmware,

    I'm sure we can help you fix whatever the problem is, but first
    you must describe it sufficiently for us to determine what
    needs fixing.

    jm

+ Reply to Thread