Problem for ClamAV and Tripwire - Networking

This is a discussion on Problem for ClamAV and Tripwire - Networking ; Dear all, After installing MailScanner and ClamAV under RedHat 9, we get error message from cron daily demon every day. I try to run "tripwire" without entering any password in between, The problem has not yet been solved. The following ...

  1. Problem for ClamAV and Tripwire

    Dear all,

    After installing MailScanner and ClamAV under RedHat 9, we get error
    message from cron daily demon every day. I try to run "tripwire" without
    entering any password in between,
    The problem has not yet been solved. The following are some error in
    crondaily. please give me helping hand. Thanks!

    Regards,
    John.

    /etc/cron.daily/freshclam:
    ERROR: Can't get information about db.XY.clamav.net: Host not found
    ERROR: getpatch: Can't download daily-4141.cdiff from db.XY.clamav.net

    LibClamAV debug: cli_versigpss: Digital signature is correct.
    /etc/cron.daily/tripwire-check:
    **** Error: Tripwire database for ns.xx-hk.com not found. ****
    **** Run /etc/tripwire/twinstall.sh and/or tripwire --init. ****

  2. Re: Problem for ClamAV and Tripwire

    John wrote:

    [ ... ]

    > /etc/cron.daily/freshclam:
    > ERROR: Can't get information about db.XY.clamav.net: Host not found
    > ERROR: getpatch: Can't download daily-4141.cdiff from db.XY.clamav.net

    Maybe it is a DNS problem?

    You should get help on this on the mailing list .

    --Frank Elsner

  3. Re: Problem for ClamAV and Tripwire

    Dear all,

    I find from the everyday log file, that the freshclam cannot update virus
    data file, since the directory that the freshclam situated is not correct,
    The error message is given below:

    Sep 6 08:10:27 ns ClamAV-autoupdate[6343]: ClamAV updater
    /usr/local/bin/freshclam cannot be run

    The directory should be "/usr/bin/freshclam", anyway, I cannot find the
    statements in the following config files, e.g. freshclam.conf, clamd.conf.
    Please let me know what the name of the config file is for revising the
    folder name, many thank.

    Regards,
    John.

    "Frank Elsner"
    > John wrote:
    >
    > [ ... ]
    >
    >> /etc/cron.daily/freshclam:
    >> ERROR: Can't get information about db.XY.clamav.net: Host not found
    >> ERROR: getpatch: Can't download daily-4141.cdiff from db.XY.clamav.net

    > Maybe it is a DNS problem?
    >
    > You should get help on this on the mailing list
    > .
    >

    > --Frank Elsner

+ Reply to Thread