How to find info on GRE/IPsec - Networking

This is a discussion on How to find info on GRE/IPsec - Networking ; Hi All, I have a hard time finding any information how to setup tunnels in Linux using GRE and/or IPsec. Google is not my friend here... The problem is that I don't have the background and overview to even start ...

  1. How to find info on GRE/IPsec

    Hi All,

    I have a hard time finding any information how to setup tunnels in
    Linux using GRE and/or IPsec. Google is not my friend here... The
    problem is that I don't have the background and overview to even start
    playing with it. I compiled support for GRE in the kernel, now what?

    What I want to do is to build a VPN (a virtual LAN) using those tools.

    Any pointer to a book or text or any idea how to learn to do this is
    much appreciated.

    Regards,
    Daniel

  2. Re: How to find info on GRE/IPsec

    On Aug 13, 2:44 pm, John wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a hard time finding any information how to setup tunnels in
    > Linux using GRE and/or IPsec.

    Oh. I found some info on tunnels in /usr/share/doc/iproute. So I had
    it
    in front of my nose, so to speak

+ Reply to Thread