What are Some Wireless G Cards that are Supported Natively (W/O NDISWrapper) by Fedora 7? - Networking

This is a discussion on What are Some Wireless G Cards that are Supported Natively (W/O NDISWrapper) by Fedora 7? - Networking ; I'm installing Fedora 7 on several A22p Thinkpads and AMD x86-32 machines. I would like to purchase wireless cards for them so I can use them on my home wireless network in areas where it is difficult to run ethernet ...

  1. What are Some Wireless G Cards that are Supported Natively (W/O NDISWrapper) by Fedora 7?

    I'm installing Fedora 7 on several A22p Thinkpads and AMD x86-32
    machines. I would like to purchase wireless cards for them so I can
    use them on my home wireless network in areas where it is difficult to
    run ethernet cable. I have previously beat my self up for scores of
    hours with FC5 & 6 trying to get various brands of wireless cards to
    work with some success but a lot of exasperation.

    Would someone please tell us some of the models and brands of (1.)
    PCMCIA (Cardbus), (2.) USB, (3.)PCI Wireless G cards that are known
    to work natively with FC 7? (Preferably with ID of chip sets as
    noted by lspci etc. since many of the card manufacturers change
    chipsets over time on the same model card.)

  2. Re: What are Some Wireless G Cards that are Supported Natively (W/O NDISWrapper) by Fedora 7?

    I have some pretty good experiences to relate. It all depends on what kerel
    version you are running, though. I'll assume you are running 2.6.22-1 :

    1. Belkin 54g pcmcia card worked super with my laptop using madwifi as the
    driver.

    2. Gigafast brand (usb) worked right out of the box for my dad.

    3. Belkin 54g usb stick (F5D7050B) worked perfectly right out of the box.

    4. We tried every way in the world to get a linksys usb adapter to run, but
    could never get it to work... Big headache!

    linuxtubie49 wrote:

    > I'm installing Fedora 7 on several A22p Thinkpads and AMD x86-32
    > machines. I would like to purchase wireless cards for them so I can
    > use them on my home wireless network in areas where it is difficult to
    > run ethernet cable. I have previously beat my self up for scores of
    > hours with FC5 & 6 trying to get various brands of wireless cards to
    > work with some success but a lot of exasperation.
    >
    > Would someone please tell us some of the models and brands of (1.)
    > PCMCIA (Cardbus), (2.) USB, (3.)PCI Wireless G cards that are known
    > to work natively with FC 7? (Preferably with ID of chip sets as
    > noted by lspci etc. since many of the card manufacturers change
    > chipsets over time on the same model card.)

+ Reply to Thread