getting path MTU - Networking

This is a discussion on getting path MTU - Networking ; Hello, Is there a good utility for getting path MTU along a route to some destination on the web? I found traceroute.pmtu.c from stevens book in : http://www.cs.clemson.edu/~westall/8...ceroute.pmtu.c I had to change it a bit and recompile it because there ...

  1. getting path MTU

    Hello,
    Is there a good utility for getting path MTU along a route to some
    destination on the web?

    I found traceroute.pmtu.c from stevens book in :
    http://www.cs.clemson.edu/~westall/8...ceroute.pmtu.c

    I had to change it a bit and recompile it because there were
    compilation errors; also I had to add entries to the mtu array becuase
    it seems outdated.

    Still when I run it I am not sure about that the result is correct
    because there
    were occasions when I got strange results.

    So - is there a good utility for getting path MTU along a route on
    linux ?

    Regards,
    Ian

  2. Re: getting path MTU

    Hello,

    ianbrn@gmail.com a écrit :
    > Hello,
    > Is there a good utility for getting path MTU along a route to some
    > destination on the web?

    tracepath, tracepath6 - traces path to a network host discovering MTU
    along this path

+ Reply to Thread