SoftMAC authentication failed - Networking

This is a discussion on SoftMAC authentication failed - Networking ; I've got a bcm43xx based wifi card. It works fine with one AP, but fails with another AP. Both APs are configured exactly the same, except for the mac of course... Both APs are running OpenWrt. On one, wep authentication ...

  1. SoftMAC authentication failed

    I've got a bcm43xx based wifi card. It works fine with one AP, but fails
    with another AP. Both APs are configured exactly the same, except for the
    mac of course... Both APs are running OpenWrt.

    On one, wep authentication works just fine. On the other, the card fails
    to authenticate with:

    SoftMAC: Open Authentication with nn...nn failed, error code: 1

    I can't for the life of me find out what that error means, nor can I find
    the source repository for SoftMAC.

    Can anyone point me at some docs for SoftMAC? Or maybe explain this error?

    The kernel loads two wifi modules: ieee80211 and ieee80211softmac; the
    system is debian lenny with a 2.6.21.4 kernel.

    --Yan

  2. Re: SoftMAC authentication failed

    Captain Dondo wrote:
    > I've got a bcm43xx based wifi card. It works fine with one AP, but fails
    > with another AP. Both APs are configured exactly the same, except for the
    > mac of course... Both APs are running OpenWrt.
    >
    > On one, wep authentication works just fine. On the other, the card fails
    > to authenticate with:
    >
    > SoftMAC: Open Authentication with nn...nn failed, error code: 1
    >
    > I can't for the life of me find out what that error means, nor can I find
    > the source repository for SoftMAC.
    >
    > Can anyone point me at some docs for SoftMAC? Or maybe explain this error?
    >
    > The kernel loads two wifi modules: ieee80211 and ieee80211softmac; the
    > system is debian lenny with a 2.6.21.4 kernel.

    The SoftMAC source is part of the kernel. You can get the source at www.kernel.org.

+ Reply to Thread