Live CD with default serial or ssh console - Networking

This is a discussion on Live CD with default serial or ssh console - Networking ; Hi, at home I use a headless server, at which I connect to via ssh or serial console. When I need to repair something that went wrong, I need to disconnect the cables, remove the box from under my table ...

  1. Live CD with default serial or ssh console

    Hi,

    at home I use a headless server, at which I connect to via ssh or
    serial console. When I need to repair something that went wrong, I
    need to disconnect the cables, remove the box from under my table and
    connect it to the monitor of my daughter.

    Anybody knows a Live or Restore CD that by default makes available a
    serial or ssh console? Or a means to "fabricate" it?

    Thanks in advance.
    Jimmi

  2. Re: Live CD with default serial or ssh console

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 05:00:49 -0700, jimmi rearranged some electrons to
    form:

    > Hi,
    >
    > at home I use a headless server, at which I connect to via ssh or
    > serial console. When I need to repair something that went wrong, I
    > need to disconnect the cables, remove the box from under my table and
    > connect it to the monitor of my daughter.
    >
    > Anybody knows a Live or Restore CD that by default makes available a
    > serial or ssh console? Or a means to "fabricate" it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Jimmi

    If you can connect to it via ssh, why do you need to connect a monitor to
    "repair" it? What "repairs" are you referring to? What is is that you
    can't do via an ssh terminal console?

    If you use the -X option for ssh (or have ssh configured
    suitably) you can enable X11 forwarding to whatever machine you are
    connecting from (assuming that machine is running X11).

    --
    David M (dmacchiarolo)

+ Reply to Thread