Find out Driver Version Number and Info - Networking

This is a discussion on Find out Driver Version Number and Info - Networking ; Hi, I was wondering how I could get driver version and information from my linux box. more specifically i need to know the version number of the e1000 driver installed in my system. i tried lsmod and also tried disassembling ...

  1. Find out Driver Version Number and Info

    Hi,

    I was wondering how I could get driver version and information from my
    linux box. more specifically i need to know the version number of the
    e1000 driver installed in my system. i tried lsmod and also tried
    disassembling the e1000.ko file, but no luck.

    any suggestions

  2. Re: Find out Driver Version Number and Info

    shrin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering how I could get driver version and information from my
    > linux box. more specifically i need to know the version number of the
    > e1000 driver installed in my system. i tried lsmod and also tried
    > disassembling the e1000.ko file, but no luck.
    >
    > any suggestions

    You could issue the command '/sbin/modinfo e1000'. Chances are pretty good that it is the version
    that belongs to your kernel. To get that, use 'uname -r'.

    Larry

  3. Re: Find out Driver Version Number and Info

    shrin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering how I could get driver version and information from my
    > linux box. more specifically i need to know the version number of the
    > e1000 driver installed in my system. i tried lsmod and also tried
    > disassembling the e1000.ko file, but no luck.
    >
    > any suggestions

    dmesg | grep e1000

    Robert

  4. Re: Find out Driver Version Number and Info

    /sbin/modinfo did the trick,

    thanks,

    > shrin wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I was wondering how I could get driver version and information from my
    > > linux box. more specifically i need to know the version number of the
    > > e1000 driver installed in my system. i tried lsmod and also tried
    > > disassembling the e1000.ko file, but no luck.

    > > any suggestions

    > You could issue the command '/sbin/modinfo e1000'. Chances are pretty good that it is the version
    > that belongs to your kernel. To get that, use 'uname -r'.
    >
    > Larry

+ Reply to Thread