ndiswrapper: alternate driver: prism54pci - Networking

This is a discussion on ndiswrapper: alternate driver: prism54pci - Networking ; My wireless network appears to working fine. But I have one issue with ndiswrapper which I can't figure out. When I execute ndiswrapper -l it reports a different card driver loaded which is not. [linux]> ndiswrapper -l netwg511 : driver ...

  1. ndiswrapper: alternate driver: prism54pci

    My wireless network appears to working fine. But I have one issue with
    ndiswrapper which I can't figure out. When I execute ndiswrapper -l it
    reports a different card driver loaded which is not.

    [linux]> ndiswrapper -l
    netwg511 : driver installed
    device (1260:3890) present (alternate driver: prism54pci)
    [linux]>

    I blacklisted the prism54pci driver.

    # driver blacklisted and replaced by ndiswrapper
    blacklist prism54
    blacklist prism54pci

    Since I don't see any real problems in the network I wonder if it
    matters. Is it normal for the other driver to be reported by this
    command?

    System:
    [linux]> ndiswrapper -v
    utils version: '1.9', utils version needed by module: '1.9'
    module details:
    filename: /lib/modules/2.6.21-1.3228.fc7/misc/ndiswrapper.ko
    version: 1.47
    vermagic: 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 SMP mod_unload 686 4KSTACKS

  2. Re: ndiswrapper: alternate driver: prism54pci

    "tek" wrote in message
    news:1184728578.836936.306730@d30g2000prg.googlegr oups.com...
    > My wireless network appears to working fine. But I have one issue with
    > ndiswrapper which I can't figure out. When I execute ndiswrapper -l it
    > reports a different card driver loaded which is not.
    >
    > [linux]> ndiswrapper -l
    > netwg511 : driver installed
    > device (1260:3890) present (alternate driver: prism54pci)
    > [linux]>
    >
    > I blacklisted the prism54pci driver.
    >
    > # driver blacklisted and replaced by ndiswrapper
    > blacklist prism54
    > blacklist prism54pci
    >
    > Since I don't see any real problems in the network I wonder if it
    > matters. Is it normal for the other driver to be reported by this
    > command?
    >
    > System:
    > [linux]> ndiswrapper -v
    > utils version: '1.9', utils version needed by module: '1.9'
    > module details:
    > filename: /lib/modules/2.6.21-1.3228.fc7/misc/ndiswrapper.ko
    > version: 1.47
    > vermagic: 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 SMP mod_unload 686 4KSTACKS

    I found my solution. I discovered that the reference pf prism54pci was
    coming from the modules.pcimap file in the kernel modules directory. So I
    ran depmod -a to re-write all the map files. Now when I run ndiswrapper -l
    it just reports,

    [linux]> ndiswrapper -l
    netwg511 : driver installed
    device (1260:3890) present