Can't run multiple instances of the same echo-server - Networking

This is a discussion on Can't run multiple instances of the same echo-server - Networking ; Hello All, I've written a TCP/IP echo server, and I'm trying to run multiple instances of it together, but using different port numbers, but I keep getting "bind: address already in use" is this a normal behavior or something is ...

  1. Can't run multiple instances of the same echo-server

    Hello All,

    I've written a TCP/IP echo server, and I'm trying to run multiple
    instances of it together, but using different port numbers, but I keep
    getting
    "bind: address already in use"
    is this a normal behavior or something is wrong,

    Thanks in advance,

  2. Re: Can't run multiple instances of the same echo-server

    yazwas wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > I've written a TCP/IP echo server, and I'm trying to run multiple
    > instances of it together, but using different port numbers, but I keep

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [1]

    > getting
    > "bind: address already in use"

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [2]

    > is this a normal behavior or something is wrong,

    Hi

    [1] and [2] are almost certainly at odds. Unless you have something else
    listening on certain ports, causing [2].

    Try a "netstat -apl" first to make sure all the required ports are free,
    then check your code.

    Cheers

    Tim

  3. Re: Can't run multiple instances of the same echo-server

    yazwas wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I've written a TCP/IP echo server, and I'm trying to run multiple
    > instances of it together, but using different port numbers, but I keep
    > getting
    > "bind: address already in use"
    > is this a normal behavior or something is wrong,
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    Some other process is already listening on your port.

    Robert

+ Reply to Thread