1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator - Networking

This is a discussion on 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator - Networking ; Hi, folkers, I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the capacity of new product. It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow that is ...

  1. 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

    Hi, folkers,

    I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP
    packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the
    capacity of new product. It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow
    that is identified by source & destination n IP addresses
    simultaneously.

    Thanks in advance.

    Winter Song

  2. Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

    song_winter@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi, folkers,
    >
    > I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP
    > packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the
    > capacity of new product. It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow
    > that is identified by source & destination n IP addresses
    > simultaneously.
    >

    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Winter Song

    I don't know about different addresses, but iperf could be what you are
    looking for. You need to run iperf on both sides of the tcp/udp connection.

    http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/

  3. Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

    song_winter@hotmail.com wrote:

    > I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP
    > packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the
    > capacity of new product. It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow
    > that is identified by source & destination n IP addresses
    > simultaneously.

    'isic' could be a solution for you. There i a debian package with this
    name.

    usage: isic [-v] [-D] -s -d
    [-p ] [-k ] [-x times>]
    [-r ] [-m ]
    Percentage Opts: [-F frags] [-V ]
    [-I ]
    notes:
    [-D] causes packet info to be printed out -- DEBUGGING

    ex: -s a.b.c.d -d a.b.c.d -F100
    100% of the packets will be ^^^^ fragments
    ex: -s a.b.c.d -d a.b.c.d -p 100 -r 103334
    ex: -s rand -d rand -r 23342
    ^^^^ causes random source addr
    ex: -s rand -d rand -k 10000 -p 10001 -r 666
    Will only send the 10001 packet with random seed 666
    this is especially useful if you suspect that packet is
    causing a problem with the target stack.

  4. Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

    On Jul 17, 1:41 am, Markus Rehbach wrote:
    > song_win...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP
    > > packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the
    > > capacity of new product. It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow
    > > that is identified by source & destination n IP addresses
    > > simultaneously.

    > 'isic' could be a solution for you. There i a debian package with this
    > name.
    >
    > usage: isic [-v] [-D] -s -d
    > [-p ] [-k ] [-x > times>]
    > [-r ] [-m ]
    > Percentage Opts: [-F frags] [-V ]
    > [-I ]
    > notes:
    > [-D] causes packet info to be printed out -- DEBUGGING
    >
    > ex: -s a.b.c.d -d a.b.c.d -F100
    > 100% of the packets will be ^^^^ fragments
    > ex: -s a.b.c.d -d a.b.c.d -p 100 -r 103334
    > ex: -s rand -d rand -r 23342
    > ^^^^ causes random source addr
    > ex: -s rand -d rand -k 10000 -p 10001 -r 666
    > Will only send the 10001 packet with random seed 666
    > this is especially useful if you suspect that packet is
    > causing a problem with the target stack.

    Hi, sir,

    May I have more details information about the 'isic' please? I really
    no idea about that. Some useful weblink about it is better. Thanks a
    lot.

  5. Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

    On Jul 16, 11:46 pm, Bjorn Nuyttens wrote:
    > song_win...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi, folkers,

    > > I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP
    > > packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the
    > > capacity of new product. It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow
    > > that is identified by source & destination n IP addresses
    > > simultaneously.

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > > Winter Song

    > I don't know about different addresses, but iperf could be what you are
    > looking for. You need to run iperf on both sides of the tcp/udp connection.
    >
    > http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/

    Hi, sir,
    thanks for your answer. I try to generate the IP packets with 1000
    kinds of combination of source & destination IP address to verify how
    many IP workflows could be handled in the server simultaneously. The
    IP workflow is identified by source&destination IP addresses.

  6. Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

    song_winter@hotmail.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

    > Hi, sir,
    >
    > May I have more details information about the 'isic' please? I really
    > no idea about that. Some useful weblink about it is better. Thanks a
    > lot.

    Hi

    You don't have to call anyone "sir" here ;->

    But using google would save yourself some time - this is the second link
    after searching for:

    isic network

    http://www.darknet.org.uk/2007/05/is...ility-checker/

    I believe that is what Markus is talking about.

    Cheers

    Tim

    PS

    Ubuntu has the "isic" package available for easy installation, so does
    Debian I presume. If your linux is RPM based (ie a RedHat or SuSE
    derivative) then:

    http://rpm.pbone.net/

    and search for "isic" - there are some ready to download for Fedora which
    will probably just work on other linux distros that use RPMs.

  7. Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

    On Jul 16, 11:46 pm, Bjorn Nuyttens wrote:
    > song_win...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi, folkers,

    > > I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP
    > > packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the
    > > capacity of new product. It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow
    > > that is identified by source & destination n IP addresses
    > > simultaneously.

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > > Winter Song

    > I don't know about different addresses, but iperf could be what you are
    > looking for. You need to run iperf on both sides of the tcp/udp connection.
    >
    > http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/

    Hello,
    I just like to generate 1000 IP packets with 1000 kinds of combination
    of source&destination IP address. Is there any tools could do it?
    thanks.

    Winter

+ Reply to Thread