using windows to navigate with linux... - Networking

This is a discussion on using windows to navigate with linux... - Networking ; I have one Windows and one MAC connected (WiFi) to a router and then to Internet. 192.168.2.1 - Router 192.168.2.2 - Windows (WiFi) 192.168.2.3 - MAC (WiFi) I have one Linux connected to Windows (Ethernet cable RJ-45) 192.168.1.1 - Windows ...

  1. using windows to navigate with linux...

    I have one Windows and one MAC connected (WiFi) to a router and then to
    Internet.
    192.168.2.1 - Router
    192.168.2.2 - Windows (WiFi)
    192.168.2.3 - MAC (WiFi)

    I have one Linux connected to Windows (Ethernet cable RJ-45)
    192.168.1.1 - Windows (Ethernet)
    192.168.1.2 - Linux (Ethernet)

    Can Linux catch the Router and then Internet?

  2. Re: using windows to navigate with linux...

    toni wrote:
    > I have one Windows and one MAC connected (WiFi) to a router and then to
    > Internet.
    > 192.168.2.1 - Router
    > 192.168.2.2 - Windows (WiFi)
    > 192.168.2.3 - MAC (WiFi)
    >
    > I have one Linux connected to Windows (Ethernet cable RJ-45)
    > 192.168.1.1 - Windows (Ethernet)
    > 192.168.1.2 - Linux (Ethernet)
    >

    > Can Linux catch the Router and then Internet?

    Yes, if you can manage to make the Windows to
    forward IP packets. The answer depends on the
    type/version of Windows you have, and it is
    definitively off-topic in a Linux group.

    You have to add a route to the Router tables
    telling that the net 192.168.1.x is reachable
    via 192.168.2.2.

    Also you should add a route in the Linux routing
    table telling that the net 192.168.2.x is reachable
    via 192.168.1.1. This is not necessary here, as
    you have to point the default route of the Linux
    host to 192.168.1.1 as well, and that will take
    care of the net 192.168.2.x.

    HTH

    --

    Tauno Voipio