Administer routing connections - Networking

This is a discussion on Administer routing connections - Networking ; Hi! Does anybody know of a tool that can monitor / allow / deny or cut an established network connection? I have a home network routed from my kubuntu machine. I would like to have a tool that granted acces ...

  1. Administer routing connections

    Hi!

    Does anybody know of a tool that can monitor / allow / deny or cut an
    established network connection?

    I have a home network routed from my kubuntu machine. I would like to
    have a tool that granted acces to the internet for a fixed period of
    time for example 2 hours.

    The best way would be if one could request this acces through a
    webpage located on my router.

    Ofcourse I would like to be able to cut an establised connection
    manually at any time aswell.

    regards

  2. Re: Administer routing connections

    In comp.os.linux.networking axel.wiberg@gmail.com:
    > Hi!

    > Does anybody know of a tool that can monitor / allow / deny or cut an
    > established network connection?

    > I have a home network routed from my kubuntu machine. I would like to
    > have a tool that granted acces to the internet for a fixed period of
    > time for example 2 hours.

    > The best way would be if one could request this acces through a
    > webpage located on my router.

    There is support in iptables for something like this --timestart
    / --timestop and alike, see 'man iptables' for complete info.

    Dunno if there is some ready to go http interface, perhaps webmin
    has a module supporting it? Alternatively try a search on
    freshmeat.net or stick your own together.

    Good luck

    #bofh excuse 279: The static electricity routing is acting up...

+ Reply to Thread