demonic.software@gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to build a cable/ coax router, but I was wondering if
> anyone knows if Linux can talk whatever protocol the cable modems use
> and if a standard PCI coax card exists and will do the trick?

You could just drop a Webstar cable modem on the cable end. This provides
ethernet to your computer. You then use a second network card to your LAN.

It means that if you have to maintain or move the computer, you are not
disturbing the fibre optic cable.

I did a quick search on Google, and it appears that a Zoom 5001 PCI internal
cable modem will work without any hassle, if you really want to cable straight
to the computer. I have not tested this, so you might want to do some
additional searches.

Regards,

Mark.

--