Route some packets based on port or source ip, over pptp link - Networking

This is a discussion on Route some packets based on port or source ip, over pptp link - Networking ; Hi, i wish for my linux based router to connect to my remote PPTP server. I am able to setup my PPTP client to connect to my remote server. However, I would like only SOME ports (or even packets from ...

  1. Route some packets based on port or source ip, over pptp link

    Hi, i wish for my linux based router to connect to my remote PPTP
    server. I am able to setup my PPTP client to connect to my remote
    server.

    However, I would like only SOME ports (or even packets from a specific
    ip) to be routed over this pptp interface. All other packets with
    other port numbers should be routed through the default route. Is this
    possible? What commands would i need to enter?

    Finally, how would this work with Skype? I dont think it would work
    properly as the hole punching method of getting through the firewall
    wont work as we are traversing two NATs (once through the pptp client
    on the router, and once on my remote pptp server whn it goes out onto
    the net)? Any ideas on this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

  2. Re: Route some packets based on port or source ip, over pptp link

    I am actually running this on my busybox based router, but the theory
    should still apply. Telneting into the box i have the IP binary there,
    i believe this policy based source routing can be performed with the
    'ip rule' command but i dont know where to start for a solid example.
    Any pointers much appreciated, ive done as much digging as i can and
    am getting stuck.

    Cheers

  3. Re: Route some packets based on port or source ip, over pptp link

    morleyc@gmail.com schrieb:
    > I am actually running this on my busybox based router, but the theory
    > should still apply. Telneting into the box i have the IP binary there,
    > i believe this policy based source routing can be performed with the
    > 'ip rule' command but i dont know where to start for a solid example.
    > Any pointers much appreciated, ive done as much digging as i can and
    > am getting stuck.
    >
    > Cheers

    See http://lartc.org/howto

    Greets