forwarding AUTH port (113) through router - Networking

This is a discussion on forwarding AUTH port (113) through router - Networking ; Hi, I have a D-Link router that I use to connect to the internet with. This router, has the option to set up a Demilitarized zone, so that one Computer should have unrestricted access to the internet. The router remaps ...

  1. forwarding AUTH port (113) through router

    Hi,

    I have a D-Link router that I use to connect to the internet with.
    This router, has the option to set up a Demilitarized zone, so that one Computer should have unrestricted access to the internet.

    The router remaps Incomming ports though.
    Whenever an (IRC) Server tries to connect to my Identd Server, the daemon respond with a negative message, since the ports don't match.

    Now I'd like my routher to forward incomming ports without remapping them.

    NATP is deactivated for that reason.

    I could reconfigure my Identd server, to send positive messages, no matter what query they get, but that would be only the last resort...

    In order to authenticate myself to my own IRC-Network, I need this authentication. Well, I don't need it that much, but It'd be nice to have it working...

    Any Ideas?

    --polemon

    --
    -EOF-

  2. Re: forwarding AUTH port (113) through router

    Check to see if your router has ignore ident query's I know the linksys
    WRT54G has this.. if it has it disable it then enable port forwarding to
    your box.. check to make sure your system gets the same ip on the DHCP
    renewal/refresh.. if it does then you should be set to go..

    polemon wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a D-Link router that I use to connect to the internet with.
    > This router, has the option to set up a Demilitarized zone, so that one
    > Computer should have unrestricted access to the internet.
    >
    > The router remaps Incomming ports though.
    > Whenever an (IRC) Server tries to connect to my Identd Server, the daemon
    > respond with a negative message, since the ports don't match.
    >
    > Now I'd like my routher to forward incomming ports without remapping them.
    >
    > NATP is deactivated for that reason.
    >
    > I could reconfigure my Identd server, to send positive messages, no matter
    > what query they get, but that would be only the last resort...
    >
    > In order to authenticate myself to my own IRC-Network, I need this
    > authentication. Well, I don't need it that much, but It'd be nice to have
    > it working...
    >
    > Any Ideas?
    >
    > --polemon

+ Reply to Thread