Many strange entries in syslog - Networking

This is a discussion on Many strange entries in syslog - Networking ; Hello, Today evening i saw some strange entries in syslog. Maybe it is important but i don't know... Jun 22 20:43:12 rt-main bsalg: parser failed Jun 22 20:43:17 rt-main printk: 27 messages suppressed. Jun 22 20:43:17 rt-main bsalg: parser failed ...

  1. Many strange entries in syslog

    Hello,

    Today evening i saw some strange entries in syslog.
    Maybe it is important but i don't know...

    Jun 22 20:43:12 rt-main bsalg: parser failed
    Jun 22 20:43:17 rt-main printk: 27 messages suppressed.
    Jun 22 20:43:17 rt-main bsalg: parser failed
    Jun 22 20:43:22 rt-main printk: 16 messages suppressed.
    Jun 22 20:43:22 rt-main bsalg: parser failed

    Does anyone tell me what is this and what can i do for fix it ?

    Regards

  2. Re: Many strange entries in syslog

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in
    article , Komuch wrote:

    >Today evening i saw some strange entries in syslog.
    >Maybe it is important but i don't know...

    When did this start? What did you change?

    >Jun 22 20:43:12 rt-main bsalg: parser failed

    'bsalg' is an old part of netfilter - replaced several years ago by
    'ip_nat_snmp_basic'. There is some configuration error, but I've long
    forgotten what/how to configure.

    >Jun 22 20:43:17 rt-main printk: 27 messages suppressed.

    The kernel is being overloaded by these error messages. Rather than
    print out the same thing over, and over, and over again, it's telling
    you that it would have printed the same thing 27 more times.

    >Does anyone tell me what is this and what can i do for fix it ?

    Fix you firewall configuration. It _might_ help if you identified
    what distribution you are using, and what version. We can't see the
    console of your system from here.

    Old guy

  3. Re: Many strange entries in syslog

    Moe Trin wrote:

    > When did this start? What did you change?

    A few days ago (maybe two weeks).
    I didn't change anything.. :/

    >> Jun 22 20:43:12 rt-main bsalg: parser failed

    > 'bsalg' is an old part of netfilter - replaced several years ago by
    > 'ip_nat_snmp_basic'. There is some configuration error, but I've long
    > forgotten what/how to configure.

    I never saw this message before (~7 years of experience).
    This is my first time and i feel like a virgin

    >> Jun 22 20:43:17 rt-main printk: 27 messages suppressed.

    > The kernel is being overloaded by these error messages. Rather than
    > print out the same thing over, and over, and over again, it's telling
    > you that it would have printed the same thing 27 more times.

    I know

    > Fix you firewall configuration. It _might_ help if you identified
    > what distribution you are using, and what version. We can't see the
    > console of your system from here.

    This configuration is aplied on few routers and it's working fine
    without this messages...
    Configuration is simple script with SNAT, NAT 1:1 and some DROPS
    (netbios, other ports) and traffic logging (packets with NEW flag).
    Nothing unusual...

    uname -a:
    Linux rt-main 2.6.19-gentoo-r5

    iptables -V: