mail server behind router port forwarding 25 domain static ip postfix lonux - Networking

This is a discussion on mail server behind router port forwarding 25 domain static ip postfix lonux - Networking ; i have static ip domain port forwarded on my router to my server http shttp ssl webmin vmware virtual server joomla wordpress have problem with recieving email. domain eccesible by domain xxxxx.com, A record xxxxx.com with my ip address mx ...

  1. mail server behind router port forwarding 25 domain static ip postfix lonux

    i have static ip
    domain
    port forwarded on my router to my server
    http
    shttp
    ssl
    webmin
    vmware
    virtual server
    joomla
    wordpress

    have problem with recieving email.
    domain eccesible by domain xxxxx.com, A record xxxxx.com with my ip
    address
    mx record localmachine.xxxxx.com , A record localmachine.xxxxx.com
    with my domain ip address
    router forwards the port 25 to this localmachine that is the mail
    server.

    need help to configure it to send and recive mail from outside of my
    netrwork
    port 25 open and forwarded .

    what wioul be corect A record/mx record/router setup /ports/postfix
    configuration to get this working bouth ways?

  2. Re: mail server behind router port forwarding 25 domain static ippostfix lonux

    On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:01:12 +0000, linux konqueror in progress wrote:

    > i have static ip
    > domain
    > port forwarded on my router to my server
    > http
    > shttp
    > ssl
    > webmin
    > vmware
    > virtual server
    > joomla
    > wordpress
    >
    > have problem with recieving email.
    > domain eccesible by domain xxxxx.com, A record xxxxx.com with my ip
    > address
    > mx record localmachine.xxxxx.com , A record localmachine.xxxxx.com
    > with my domain ip address
    > router forwards the port 25 to this localmachine that is the mail
    > server.
    >

    > need help to configure it to send and recive mail from outside of my
    > netrwork
    > port 25 open and forwarded .
    >
    > what wioul be corect A record/mx record/router setup /ports/postfix
    > configuration to get this working bouth ways?

    Not sure I fully understand what your asking... Let me describe my
    setup. ( mail.domain.com is made up in this example )

    firewall box with real ip address and mail.domain.com name.

    port 25 on my firewall box is IPTABLES port forwarded to a mail
    server ( vmware guest ) with a private 192.x.x.x ip address. The
    mail server ( postfix ) answers with the mail.domain.com name

    So if you telnet to my mail.domain.com port 25 address / port,
    to end up with

    Connected to mail.domain.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 mail.domain.com ESMTP Postfix
    which is really 192.168.1.2 on my private network.

    The MX record for my domain points to mail.domain.com

    IPTables Masquerade takes card of the 192.168.1.2 mail server
    sendming mail to the outside world. It appears as the IP Address
    of my firewall.

    --
    D.A.M. - Mothers Against Dyslexia

    see http://www.jacksnodgrass.com for my contact info.