Calling Listen on UDP Socket - Networking

This is a discussion on Calling Listen on UDP Socket - Networking ; Hi All, Can I able to call listen on UDP Socket? Linux listen man page says, "Listen call applies only to sockets of type SOCK_STREAM & SOCK_SEQPACKET". Thanks in Advance! --Siva...

  1. Calling Listen on UDP Socket

    Hi All,

    Can I able to call listen on UDP Socket?
    Linux listen man page says, "Listen call applies only to sockets of
    type SOCK_STREAM & SOCK_SEQPACKET".

    Thanks in Advance!

    --Siva

  2. Re: Calling Listen on UDP Socket

    siva wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can I able to call listen on UDP Socket?
    > Linux listen man page says, "Listen call applies only to sockets of
    > type SOCK_STREAM & SOCK_SEQPACKET".
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!
    >
    > --Siva

    No - there are no connections to listen for on UDP sockets. You probably
    want to use recv() or recvmsg() to read your packets.

    Robert

+ Reply to Thread