utility for test purpose - Networking

This is a discussion on utility for test purpose - Networking ; Hi, I've developed a software wich runs on a wireless mesh network. Now, I'd like to test the result, in order to see whether it works properly. I need to create some traffic from one host to another and see ...

  1. utility for test purpose

    Hi,
    I've developed a software wich runs on a wireless mesh network. Now, I'd
    like to test the result, in order to see whether it works properly.
    I need to create some traffic from one host to another and see the
    statistics of the connection (number of retrasmissions at TCP level and at
    datalink level, throughput, etc). Do you know any tools I can use for that?
    It would be nice if this program could create some diagrams about the
    statistics...

    I'm in Linux.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: utility for test purpose

    On Jun 21, 5:26 am, Giovanni Di Stasi wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've developed a software wich runs on a wireless mesh network. Now, I'd
    > like to test the result, in order to see whether it works properly.
    > I need to create some traffic from one host to another and see the
    > statistics of the connection (number of retrasmissions at TCP level and at
    > datalink level, throughput, etc). Do you know any tools I can use for that?
    > It would be nice if this program could create some diagrams about the
    > statistics...
    >
    > I'm in Linux.
    > Thanks.

    I have used Iperf (for traffic), tcpdump with gnuplot (for graphs) for
    similar experiments before.

+ Reply to Thread