Novatel U870 linux driver - Networking

This is a discussion on Novatel U870 linux driver - Networking ; Would someone please point me out where can I find the driver for Novatel U870? I google it but it doesn't seem to have positive result....

  1. Novatel U870 linux driver

    Would someone please point me out where can I find the driver for Novatel
    U870? I google it but it doesn't seem to have positive result.

  2. Re: Novatel U870 linux driver

    On Jun 19, 9:24 pm, "JH" wrote:
    > Would someone please point me out where can I find the driver for Novatel
    > U870? I google it but it doesn't seem to have positive result.

    Funny, but Google gives me fairly good results.

    http://www.novatelwireless.com/suppo...870-linux.html

    was hit #3 from Google, on the terms "novatel u870 linux"

  3. Can I run squid under xinetd?

    Hi

    I have a squid proxy server with a very large set of ACLs used to keep
    our students safe from some of the madness that is the world wide web.

    the ACLs are so large that it now takes quite a long time to load them
    up and respond to a change. This is not normally a problem as we do that
    overnight.

    However, we want to be able to turn on and off sets of machines. That
    is, a tutor may wish to prevent internet access to an entire room for
    the duration of a lesson. While I lean toward the idea that this is more
    a question of classroom management rather than a technology problem, we
    are trying to provide the service.

    It is too disruptive to re-write the source address ACLs and reload
    squid. So, we have considered a couple of alternatives.

    One is to use a second proxy with the sole and simple task of managing
    source addresses and link them into a hierarchical proxy. Although
    relatively easy to set up, this will mean another server that we would
    rather not have to look after.

    Alternatively, we are thinking of placing squid under the control of
    xinetd and using the wrappers' hosts.allow and hosts.deny files to sort
    out the problem.

    Can anyone tell me if it is feasible to run squid under xinetd. It looks
    like it should work but I am wary of messing as an error would cut off
    everyone and cause major disruption.

    Pete

  4. Re: Novatel U870 linux driver

    Yes, this URL only provides how to connect to Network AFTER you install the
    U870 driver. It does not tell us where to get this driver.

    "Lew Pitcher" wrote in message
    news:1182341205.520093.33940@q75g2000hsh.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Jun 19, 9:24 pm, "JH" wrote:
    >> Would someone please point me out where can I find the driver for Novatel
    >> U870? I google it but it doesn't seem to have positive result.

    > Funny, but Google gives me fairly good results.
    >
    > http://www.novatelwireless.com/suppo...870-linux.html
    >
    > was hit #3 from Google, on the terms "novatel u870 linux"

  5. Re: Novatel U870 linux driver

    JH wrote:
    > Yes, this URL only provides how to connect to Network AFTER you install
    > the U870 driver. It does not tell us where to get this driver.
    >

    > "Lew Pitcher" wrote in message
    > news:1182341205.520093.33940@q75g2000hsh.googlegro ups.com...
    >> On Jun 19, 9:24 pm, "JH" wrote:
    >>> Would someone please point me out where can I find the driver for
    >>> Novatel
    >>> U870? I google it but it doesn't seem to have positive result.

    >> Funny, but Google gives me fairly good results.
    >>
    >> http://www.novatelwireless.com/suppo...870-linux.html
    >>
    >> was hit #3 from Google, on the terms "novatel u870 linux"

    That is because the driver (airprime) is in the official Linux kernel.

    Robert

+ Reply to Thread