Fetchmail: open SSL not found - Networking

This is a discussion on Fetchmail: open SSL not found - Networking ; Hi, I am compiling Fetchmail 6.3.8 under Ubuntu Dapper Drake and I have the following error message: configure: error: SSL support enabled, but OpenSSL not found This after running: ../configure --with-ssl I am a little puzzled because I actually _do_ ...

  1. Fetchmail: open SSL not found

    Hi,

    I am compiling Fetchmail 6.3.8 under Ubuntu Dapper Drake and I have
    the following error message:

    configure: error: SSL support enabled, but OpenSSL not found

    This after running:

    ../configure --with-ssl

    I am a little puzzled because I actually _do_ have openssl installed:

    andrew@ilium:~$ openssl version
    OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005

    Any thoughts on this one?

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/homer.html

  2. Re: Fetchmail: open SSL not found

    On 2007-06-19, andrew wrote:
    > configure: error: SSL support enabled, but OpenSSL not found
    >
    > This after running:
    >
    > ./configure --with-ssl
    >
    > I am a little puzzled because I actually _do_ have openssl installed:

    Maybe you have openssl but do you have the development part of it
    (libraries, include files and the like)?

    Davide

    --
    What's good for Standard Oil is good for Microsoft.

  3. Re: Fetchmail: open SSL not found

    On 2007-06-19, Davide Bianchi wrote:
    > On 2007-06-19, andrew wrote:
    >> configure: error: SSL support enabled, but OpenSSL not found
    >>
    >> This after running:
    >>
    >> ./configure --with-ssl
    >>
    >> I am a little puzzled because I actually _do_ have openssl installed:

    > Maybe you have openssl but do you have the development part of it
    > (libraries, include files and the like)?

    Oooops :-) Is my face red? In fact I was missing the dev file. Thanks
    for pointing out what should have been obvious to me.

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/homer.html