I'm connecting to a an SMCWBR14-G wirelessly using a an asus wl-330g
(which I've configured from windows). Mostly, everything is ok.

Sometimes I start to get lotsa packet drop, fifty percent or greater, all
the way up to "destination unreachable" or similar message. So, I do
"system network restart" which re-establishes the ip address, and that
seems to improve things.

However, I'm not convinced that it's actually doing anything. It might
just be because I wait a minute and things get better. How can I figure
out what's happening? (no, I'm not the system admin so don't have access
to the router.)

sometimes I get zero percent packets dropped for a while, it'll vary
somewhat randomly.

thanks,

Thufir