MSN probelm in voice and vedio - Networking

This is a discussion on MSN probelm in voice and vedio - Networking ; Hi While testing msn messenger with socks5, I too failed to initiate voice chat. After some investigation, I got problem as below: My msn messenger client is behind NAT and firewall. When we initiate voice chat , we get invite ...

  1. MSN probelm in voice and vedio

    Hi

    While testing msn messenger with socks5, I too failed to initiate
    voice chat. After some investigation, I got problem as below:

    My msn messenger client is behind NAT and firewall. When we initiate
    voice chat , we get invite message from internet in that message's
    payload it sends its IP and port. In reply to that invite message we
    send Invite Accept message. In that accept message we send our IP and
    Port in payload but we have private IP to our PC system which should
    not be in the payload.
    This private IP is going as it is in the payload to external system
    and that initiating connection on that private IP which will be
    dropped in the internet. MSN messenger has to put NAT ip NAT port in
    that payload as ICQ is doing.

    Thanks
    kumara swamy g

  2. Re: MSN probelm in voice and vedio

    kumar wrote:
    > While testing msn messenger with socks5, I too failed to initiate
    > voice chat. After some investigation, I got problem as below:

    > My msn messenger client is behind NAT and firewall. [...]
    > MSN messenger has to put NAT ip NAT port in
    > that payload as ICQ is doing.

    You need an ALG to do the translation from private to public IP.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread