Dear U,

I'm setting up a virtual debian machine on my server.
All settings has default values.
The server is connected to my SE 505 Siemens Router.
Ping is replied from 192.168.2.1.

The problem is, that for my Virtual Machine it's not reachable.

Error: RTNETLINK answers: Network isn't reachable

I'm using VMWare - VMware Bridge Protocol is activated

The point is I've got this kind of error several times before on
physical machines.
I'm not sure, but it seems to be a parsing error in rtnetlink.h.

Any Ideas how to make "ip r a default via 192.168.2.1 dev eth0 "
work ?

I'm thinking of a work around in rtnetlink.h, just forcing it to use
any route given.

salu2

ic3princess