REQ: Help Needed with "RealVNC SC" TIA - Networking

This is a discussion on REQ: Help Needed with "RealVNC SC" TIA - Networking ; Hi I am studying Networking and would like to establish a simple method of establishing connections to remote computer without those having to install server programs. It seems tha RealVNC "SC" ofer this. whereby I could create a small exacutable ...

  1. REQ: Help Needed with "RealVNC SC" TIA

    Hi
    I am studying Networking and would like to establish a simple method
    of establishing connections to remote computer without those having to
    install server programs.

    It seems tha RealVNC "SC" ofer this. whereby I could create a small
    exacutable amd Email it to my Friend. then they just run it and I
    could establish the connection.

    I have read the tutorials at
    http://www.uvnc.com/pchelpware/sc/index.html
    several times and can't seem to create the exe-file.This should be
    simple but I feel like a complete idiot. I do not understand it.

    I sure would appreciate some help from a kind soul or for some links
    for a good tutorials

    TIA
    Charles

  2. Re: REQ: Help Needed with "RealVNC SC" TIA

    I am sorry I've made a mistake
    It's not RealVNC but "UltraVNC NC" which I am talking about

    Charles

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:26:30 GMT, "Snoopy :-))"
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >I am studying Networking and would like to establish a simple method
    >of establishing connections to remote computer without those having to
    >install server programs.
    >
    >It seems tha RealVNC "SC" ofer this. whereby I could create a small
    >exacutable amd Email it to my Friend. then they just run it and I
    >could establish the connection.
    >
    >I have read the tutorials at
    >http://www.uvnc.com/pchelpware/sc/index.html
    > several times and can't seem to create the exe-file.This should be
    >simple but I feel like a complete idiot. I do not understand it.
    >
    >I sure would appreciate some help from a kind soul or for some links
    >for a good tutorials
    >
    >TIA
    >Charles

  3. Re: REQ: Help Needed with "RealVNC SC" TIA

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:52:58 GMT, "Snoopy :-))"
    wrote:

    >I am sorry I've made a mistake
    >It's not RealVNC but "UltraVNC NC" which I am talking about
    >
    >Charles

    You don't give anything to go on.

    I use SC all the time and there are 2 critical things:

    1) You _must_ use the correct URL when you send your zip file
    http://www.uvnc.com/pchelpware/creator/index.html

    2) The top 6 lines of your helpdesk.txt file are critical
    [TITLE]
    UltraVNC Single Click

    [HOST]
    Connect to MyListener
    -connect me.mydomain.tld:5500 -noregistry

    3) Then you have to run a listener. In Windows:
    D:\UltraVNC\vncviewer.exe -listen

    The documentation on the site is the best thing I've found, but it is
    wrong; some of what is said just does not work. None of the wannabe
    SC programs has so far created a working exe. Only the
    ~creator/index.html works.

    If you're still stuck, Email your zip file and I'll help you
    privately. Then YOU can write the HOW-TO.
    --
    buck
    buckprivatemil AT yahoo DOT com

  4. Re: REQ: Help Needed with "RealVNC SC" TIA

    Hi Buck :-)
    Thanks for your reply.

    I think I got It after reading and rereading the tutorials.
    1. I had to configure my router for forwarding
    2. It took me some time to understand the configuration of the
    "HelpDesk" file

    I am not sure if the exec file is actually OK.
    I don't think it works with "DialUp"

    I disconected One of my boxes from the LAN and trid to execute the
    file after establishing a DialUP connection but it does not work.

    I run the executable from another machine in the LAN and it made the
    connection to the Viewer Box OK.

    Tomorrow I will try it from a remote location and hope for the best.

    Thanks for everything
    Charles

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:53:07 -0700, buck wrote:

    >On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:52:58 GMT, "Snoopy :-))"
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I am sorry I've made a mistake
    >>It's not RealVNC but "UltraVNC NC" which I am talking about
    >>
    >>Charles

    >You don't give anything to go on.
    >
    >I use SC all the time and there are 2 critical things:
    >
    >1) You _must_ use the correct URL when you send your zip file
    >http://www.uvnc.com/pchelpware/creator/index.html
    >
    >2) The top 6 lines of your helpdesk.txt file are critical
    >[TITLE]
    > UltraVNC Single Click
    >
    >[HOST]
    >Connect to MyListener
    >-connect me.mydomain.tld:5500 -noregistry
    >
    >3) Then you have to run a listener. In Windows:
    >D:\UltraVNC\vncviewer.exe -listen
    >
    >The documentation on the site is the best thing I've found, but it is
    >wrong; some of what is said just does not work. None of the wannabe
    >SC programs has so far created a working exe. Only the
    >~creator/index.html works.
    >
    >If you're still stuck, Email your zip file and I'll help you
    >privately. Then YOU can write the HOW-TO.

+ Reply to Thread