    directions to it?

    Thanking you

  2. Re: How to make a LAN scanner

    On 2007-06-07, viru wrote:
    > Hello.
    > I want to make a LAN scanner. It would search a range of IPs and tell
    > me which computer has which servers open. It should also tell me abt
    > the files shared on a particular machine.
    >
    > I know Socket programming. Can anyone help me out by giving some
    > directions to it?

    sure. Take 2 empty yoghurt cartons and connect them with a piece of
    string. Some good sticky tape will help here. Then attach one of them
    to the first computer you want to scan and put the other carton against
    your ear. Make sure the string is nice and tight. Listen carefully to
    hear which "servers open" and which "files shared". Take the other
    carton to the next machine you want to scan and repeat.

    > Thanking you

    gladding to be of help. Let me know what grade you get.

    --
    darren@ public key
    davisononline.org 0xE855B3EA

  3. Re: How to make a LAN scanner

    On 2007-06-07, viru wrote:
    > I want to make a LAN scanner. It would search a range of IPs and tell
    > me which computer has which servers open. It should also tell me abt
    > the files shared on a particular machine.
    >
    > I know Socket programming. Can anyone help me out by giving some
    > directions to it?

    Look at the source code for nmap, nessus, or any other portscanning tool.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)