I work for a software company that needs to test against various
different scenarios of IPv6 implementation. This is going to include
things that might run counter to best practices, but we need to
prepare for customers who may have unusual configurations.

The current issue that has me baffled is how to implement RFC-3041
compliant temporary addressing. According to my kernel .config file,
the IPV6 privacy extensions are enabled. I found a reference to an /
etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg- directive
(IPV6_PRIVACY="rfc3041"), but I still get the stateless IPv6 address
hashed from the MAC address.

What do I do to get (Im assuming) ifcfg-eth0 to actually generate a
random global IP address?