Platform independent IPsec - Networking

This is a discussion on Platform independent IPsec - Networking ; Hi, I would like know is it possible to implement plaform indepedent IPsec ? If yes then pls give me some suggestion how to do it & some related info. & is it possible to implement IPsec which runs in ...

  1. Platform independent IPsec

    Hi,
    I would like know is it possible to implement plaform indepedent
    IPsec ?
    If yes then pls give me some suggestion how to do it & some related
    info.
    &
    is it possible to implement IPsec which runs in userspace( not as
    kernel module )

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Platform independent IPsec

    Am Thu, 24 May 2007 00:05:39 -0700 schrieb shrinivas.rathi:

    > Hi,
    > I would like know is it possible to implement plaform indepedent
    > IPsec ?

    IPSec is platform indepedent like udp or tcp or icmp etc.

    e.g http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2401.txt

    > is it possible to implement IPsec which runs in userspace( not as
    > kernel module )

    Sounds like you use linux or bsd, you'll need the kernelmodules and if you
    don't like the stack as an module compile a new kernel without modules.
    The userspace programms are racoon, openswan, strongswan etc.

    >Thanks.

    Don't mention it.

    cya

+ Reply to Thread