VPN through Linux gateway to Windows LAN - Networking

This is a discussion on VPN through Linux gateway to Windows LAN - Networking ; I need to set up a VPN, and cannot find an easy guide on how to do it. Everything I found through seems extremely complex. Would someone know of a few good web pages / blog posts / whatever? Apparently, ...

  1. VPN through Linux gateway to Windows LAN

    I need to set up a VPN, and cannot find an easy guide on how to do it.
    Everything I found through seems extremely complex. Would someone know
    of a few good web pages / blog posts / whatever?

    Apparently, what I need to set up is either OpenVPN, or OpenSwan
    possibly with L2TP.

    The point is to allow access for a remote Windows notebook to a LAN
    with a Samba server and Windows PCs, as if the notebook was inside the
    LAN. The LANs Internet connection is through a Linux NAT Firewall. The
    notebook's Internet connection is through any standard ADSL router.

    I set up a simple diagram of the network here: http://www.gliffy.com/publish/1231433/

    The Linux servers (the firewall and the Samba server) run Debian
    Stable with a 2.6 kernel.

    Thanks for any help or pointers.

    RD

  2. Re: VPN through Linux gateway to Windows LAN

    rduke15@gmail.com wrote:
    > I need to set up a VPN, and cannot find an easy guide on how to do it.
    > Everything I found through seems extremely complex. Would someone know
    > of a few good web pages / blog posts / whatever?

    > Apparently, what I need to set up is either OpenVPN, or OpenSwan
    > possibly with L2TP.

    If you're struggling with OpenVPN then I think you need to go back and
    re-read the HOW-TO and its examples. If you're /still/ stuck then come
    back here with a summary of what you've tried.

    Cheers,
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread