Linux problem - Networking

This is a discussion on Linux problem - Networking ; I have DELL E560 computer i want to install linux any linux (Red hat Linux,SUSE) but when i boot the machine with Linux CD it's boot but after select language and keyboard it promting for cd rom and showed following ...

  1. Linux problem

    I have DELL E560 computer i want to install linux any linux (Red hat
    Linux,SUSE) but when i boot the machine with Linux CD it's boot but
    after select language and keyboard it promting for cd rom

    and showed following error,
    Could not find the SUSE linux installation CD Activating manual setup
    program if select ok

    it's showed following error

    you can leave linuxrc only via
    "start installation or system"
    you may need to load some drivers (modules) to support your hardware

    Can i have solution on this problem

  2. Re: Linux problem

    jpednekar26@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have DELL E560 computer i want to install linux any linux (Red hat
    > Linux,SUSE) but when i boot the machine with Linux CD it's boot but
    > after select language and keyboard it promting for cd rom
    >
    > and showed following error,
    > Could not find the SUSE linux installation CD Activating manual setup
    > program if select ok
    >
    > it's showed following error
    >
    > you can leave linuxrc only via
    > "start installation or system"
    > you may need to load some drivers (modules) to support your hardware
    >
    > Can i have solution on this problem

    Only if you provide more information about your hardware. I could not find any Google mention of a
    Dell E560, only an Acer Aspire E560. In addition, the Dell site doesn't know what an E560 is.

    Your most likely problem is that your disk systems (both hard drive and CD) need a driver that is
    not generally loaded, which is what the error message says.

    Larry

  3. Re: Linux problem

    On Wed, 23 May 2007 05:25:43 -0700, jpednekar26 wrote:

    > I have DELL E560 computer i want to install linux any linux (Red hat
    > Linux,SUSE) but when i boot the machine with Linux CD it's boot but
    > after select language and keyboard it promting for cd rom
    >
    > and showed following error,
    > Could not find the SUSE linux installation CD Activating manual setup
    > program if select ok
    >
    > it's showed following error
    >
    > you can leave linuxrc only via
    > "start installation or system"
    > you may need to load some drivers (modules) to support your hardware
    >
    > Can i have solution on this problem

    Try another distro - and/or try a Live CD like Knoppix or Elive.

  4. Re: Linux problem

    On Wednesday 23 May 2007 14:25, jpednekar26@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have DELL E560 computer i want to install linux any linux (Red hat
    > Linux,SUSE) but when i boot the machine with Linux CD it's boot but
    > after select language and keyboard it promting for cd rom
    >
    > and showed following error,
    > Could not find the SUSE linux installation CD Activating manual setup
    > program if select ok
    >
    > it's showed following error
    >
    > you can leave linuxrc only via
    > "start installation or system"
    > you may need to load some drivers (modules) to support your hardware
    >
    > Can i have solution on this problem

    Had the same thing on a very recent DELL machines. The generation before
    had only the HD in SATA, but the latet has it for their CD/DVD too. AND
    they put in a new SATA chipset.

    I found two solutions:
    - in the BIOS, set the device in an IDE emulation mode (can't remmeber the
    name)
    - SUSE 10.2 did detect the device, where 10.0 didn't.

    Douglas Adams

+ Reply to Thread