rsync daemon how do I block sites? - Networking

This is a discussion on rsync daemon how do I block sites? - Networking ; Hi All, I have been reading the rsync man page and have not found a way to configure rsync in daemon mode to only accept traffic from a specific network (my tunnel). Is there a way to do this with ...

  1. rsync daemon how do I block sites?

    Hi All,

    I have been reading the rsync man page and have
    not found a way to configure rsync in daemon mode to only
    accept traffic from a specific network (my tunnel). Is
    there a way to do this with rsync? Something like
    Samba's "interfaces" command?

    Many thanks,
    -T

  2. Re: rsync daemon how do I block sites?

    ToddAndMargo@verizon.net wrote:
    > I have been reading the rsync man page and have
    > not found a way to configure rsync in daemon mode to only
    > accept traffic from a specific network (my tunnel). Is
    > there a way to do this with rsync? Something like
    > Samba's "interfaces" command?

    Can you run rsync through tcpd?

  3. Re: rsync daemon how do I block sites?

    On May 11, 5:52 pm, Allen McIntosh wrote:
    > ToddAndMa...@verizon.net wrote:
    > > I have been reading the rsync man page and have
    > > not found a way to configure rsync in daemon mode to only
    > > accept traffic from a specific network (my tunnel). Is
    > > there a way to do this with rsync? Something like
    > > Samba's "interfaces" command?

    > Can you run rsync through tcpd?

    I suppose I could. Sounds like a good fall back if I can not
    get rsync to do it by itself. Thank you.

    -T

  4. Re: rsync daemon how do I block sites?

    ToddAndMargo@verizon.net wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have been reading the rsync man page and have
    > not found a way to configure rsync in daemon mode to only
    > accept traffic from a specific network (my tunnel). Is
    > there a way to do this with rsync? Something like
    > Samba's "interfaces" command?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > -T

    Hi

    hosts allow = A.B.C.D/M

    It's explained in man rsyncd.conf

    HTH

    Tim

  5. Re: rsync daemon how do I block sites?

    On May 11, 11:33 pm, Tim S wrote:
    > ToddAndMa...@verizon.net wrote:
    > > Hi All,

    > > I have been reading the rsync man page and have
    > > not found a way to configure rsync in daemon mode to only
    > > accept traffic from a specific network (my tunnel). Is
    > > there a way to do this with rsync? Something like
    > > Samba's "interfaces" command?

    > > Many thanks,
    > > -T

    > Hi
    >
    > hosts allow = A.B.C.D/M
    >
    > It's explained in man rsyncd.conf
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Tim

    Perfect, Thank you!

  6. Re: rsync daemon how do I block sites?

    ToddAndMargo@verizon.net writes:

    >Hi All,

    > I have been reading the rsync man page and have
    >not found a way to configure rsync in daemon mode to only
    >accept traffic from a specific network (my tunnel). Is
    >there a way to do this with rsync? Something like
    >Samba's "interfaces" command?

    man rsync
    hosts allow=142.104.44.27,backup.renorm.ca,142.10.1.0/24
    hosts deny=0.0.0.0/0

  7. Re: rsync daemon how do I block sites?

    On May 13, 12:59 pm, Unruh wrote:
    > ToddAndMa...@verizon.net writes:
    > >Hi All,
    > > I have been reading the rsync man page and have
    > >not found a way to configure rsync in daemon mode to only
    > >accept traffic from a specific network (my tunnel). Is
    > >there a way to do this with rsync? Something like
    > >Samba's "interfaces" command?

    > man rsync
    > hosts allow=142.104.44.27,backup.renorm.ca,142.10.1.0/24
    > hosts deny=0.0.0.0/0

    Excellent examples! Thank you!
    -T

+ Reply to Thread