Iperf question - Networking

This is a discussion on Iperf question - Networking ; If I use Iperf to send a large number of data packets from my laptop to my desktop computer to measure throughput, what happens to the data once the transmission is complete? Do I have to manually delete the test ...

  1. Iperf question

    If I use Iperf to send a large number of data packets from my laptop
    to my desktop computer to measure throughput, what happens to the data
    once the transmission is complete? Do I have to manually delete the
    test file from my desktop computer? If so, what is the default
    location for the file?

  2. Re: Iperf question

    umo wrote:
    > If I use Iperf to send a large number of data packets from my laptop
    > to my desktop computer to measure throughput, what happens to the
    > data once the transmission is complete? Do I have to manually delete
    > the test file from my desktop computer? If so, what is the default
    > location for the file?

    I would think the iperf documentation would cover that. I wasn't even
    sure that iperf would put the data in a file in the first place, but
    then I don't follow iperf _that_ closely.

    rick jones

  3. Re: Iperf question

    umo wrote:
    > If I use Iperf to send a large number of data packets from my laptop
    > to my desktop computer to measure throughput, what happens to the data
    > once the transmission is complete? Do I have to manually delete the
    > test file from my desktop computer? If so, what is the default
    > location for the file?

    Iperf does not create a file. It is like ping in that the data originate in the client and disappear
    in the server.

    Larry

  4. Re: Iperf question

    Thank you, Larry