Apache Web Server - Networking

This is a discussion on Apache Web Server - Networking ; I am looking to set up a web server, I also want to learn more about using Linux at the same time. I know if properly used Linux is more powerful and will do a lot more. What I want ...

  1. Apache Web Server

    I am looking to set up a web server, I also want to learn more about
    using Linux at the same time. I know if properly used Linux is more
    powerful and will do a lot more. What I want to know is for running an
    Apache web server what Linux distribution is recommended?

  2. Re: Apache Web Server

    On Tue, 08 May 2007 06:42:30 -0700, [ECF]Juggernaut wrote:

    > I am looking to set up a web server, I also want to learn more about
    > using Linux at the same time. I know if properly used Linux is more
    > powerful and will do a lot more. What I want to know is for running an
    > Apache web server what Linux distribution is recommended?

    Virtually every modern Linux distro will include that and work quite
    handily. www.distrowatch.com

  3. Re: Apache Web Server

    [ECF]Juggernaut wrote:

    > I am looking to set up a web server, I also want to learn more about
    > using Linux at the same time. I know if properly used Linux is more
    > powerful and will do a lot more. What I want to know is for running an
    > Apache web server what Linux distribution is recommended?

    This one will fit the bill perfectly

    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  4. Re: Apache Web Server

    On May 8, 9:42 am, "[ECF]Juggernaut" wrote:
    > I am looking to set up a web server, I also want to learn more about
    > using Linux at the same time. I know if properly used Linux is more
    > powerful and will do a lot more. What I want to know is for running an
    > Apache web server what Linux distribution is recommended?

    I also want to use squid

  5. Re: Apache Web Server

    On May 8, 6:42 am, "[ECF]Juggernaut" wrote:
    > I am looking to set up a web server, I also want to learn more about
    > using Linux at the same time. I know if properly used Linux is more
    > powerful and will do a lot more. What I want to know is for running an
    > Apache web server what Linux distribution is recommended?

    Slackware comes with Apache as part of the OS, I am using a build like
    that at home...works great.

+ Reply to Thread