nis-server move - Networking

This is a discussion on nis-server move - Networking ; Hi, I have a network with one nis-master and several nis-clients. Now one of these clients should be the new master. How would such a movement be done on Suse? Is there a howto, how this should be done? My ...

  1. nis-server move

    Hi,

    I have a network with one nis-master and several nis-clients. Now one of
    these clients should be the new master. How would such a movement be done
    on Suse? Is there a howto, how this should be done?

    My actual master has SuSE 9.3, the new master is Suse 10.0.

    ciao
    Detlef
    --
    Detlef Jockheck

  2. Re: nis-server move

    On May 6, 5:47 pm, Detlef Jockheck wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a network with one nis-master and several nis-clients. Now one of
    > these clients should be the new master. How would such a movement be done
    > on Suse? Is there a howto, how this should be done?
    >
    > My actual master has SuSE 9.3, the new master is Suse 10.0.
    >
    > ciao
    > Detlef
    > --
    > Detlef Jockheck

    http://home.planet.nl/~snel0369/Chan...er_Server.html

    zaher el siddik
    http://elsiddik.googlepages.com/

  3. Re: nis-server move

    elsiddik wrote:

    > http://home.planet.nl/~snel0369/Chan...er_Server.html

    Thanks a lot. Very good tutorial, but now during move I found a small
    problem:

    oldnis:~ # cd /var/yp/
    oldnis:/var/yp # cat /tmp/ypservers | makedbm - /var/yp/knax/ypservers
    -bash: makedbm: command not found

    The machine "oldnis" has been working as nis server a long time, so I think
    everything needed for nis should have been installed.

    ciao
    Detlef

    --
    Detlef Jockheck

  4. Re: nis-server move

    Detlef Jockheck wrote:

    > oldnis:/var/yp # cat /tmp/ypservers | makedbm - /var/yp/knax/ypservers

    makedbm should be invoked with full path ;-)

    oldnis:/var/yp # cat /tmp/ypservers | /usr/lib/yp/makedbm
    - /var/yp/knax/ypservers

    --
    Detlef Jockheck

+ Reply to Thread