Hello all!

Here is my situation:
- I am running a Linux Fileserver with Samba
- This Linux Box is the PDC (Primary Domain Controller) for a Windows
- All Windows clients are members of this domain
- All Windows clients have access to the files on the linux server
- All Windows clients share files with each other

What I want to do:
- I want to log on to the PDC like if I would be a normal client and have
access to all the files of the Linux server and if possible also to all the
files on the other Windows clients.

My solution:
- Install a VPN server

My questions:
- Does that work out? When I install the VPN on the fileserver, what do I
have to do to become am member of the domain? What do I have to do to access
the files on the server?
- Does it increase security if I install the VPN server on a seperate linux
box, instead on the linux fileserver? If yes, what else will I have to do to
in this case to access the domain and the files?
- Is that the right way to do everything or are there better ways to meet my

Thanx for any advice, link, etc!

f'up to comp.os.linux.networking

My email adress is not valid. Please answer to the newsgroup for the
advantage of everyone! Thank you.